Phi Beta Kappa members share a common experience: you were recognized for excelling in a liberal arts and sciences education rooted in a love of learning. Whether you are one of our newest inductees or a member whose certificate or key may be packed away, our Society needs your involvement to thrive.
Today’s ΦBK is more engaged than ever, but what is the right fit for you? Here are a few of the ways you can incorporate the Society’s signature love of learning into your day-to-day.
• Help map our future. With our 250th anniversary on the horizon, ΦBK is committed to a new strategic plan that emphasizes meeting member needs by developing local and national communities of ideas that tap into your talents and engage your love of learning. Read more at pbk.org/strategic-plan and let us know how we can work together to further the Society’s aspirations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Connect at an upcoming event. Whether it’s a Visiting Scholar lecture that recalls your favorite undergraduate subject, a networking reception, a museum tour, or other cultural outing, ΦBK members are taking advantage of local events to continue their membership experience and meet fellow ΦBKs.
• Follow us on social media. Wherever you call home, you can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram—we’re there, facilitating great conversations with content curated through a liberal arts lens.
• Share what liberal arts and sciences mean to you. Our Arts & Sciences toolkit offers many ways to share your story with quick, simple, and effective opportunities to engage. We need your perspective to shine a light on the importance of the arts and sciences in your community.
• Read a good book. Find a local book group; join our just-launched virtual book experience, [Spoiler Alert]; or check out the latest reviews in The Key Reporter and The American Scholar. We know you are reading and hope you can read with us.
• Become a contributing member. Your generous support allows ΦBK to reach new students every year and ensures that our mission will continue well into the future. Every donation, no matter the amount, helps our Society flourish, and we are very grateful for your continued gifts.
For more information on ΦBK programs and events, contact us at email@example.com. We welcome your questions and input and look forward to hearing from you!
“Phi Beta Kappa represents an additional open door. The opportunities and friends are yours, if you are just willing to walk through.”
— Ashleigh Hildebrand Ross (ΦBK, Oklahoma State University)